The industry standard for sustainable H2 purification and long-term, reliable recovery
With more than 1,000 systems installed in more than 70 countries, Polybed PSA technology is the result of years of technical innovation and commercial experience. And as the industry leader in molecular sieve/adsorbent research and development, UOP combines high-performance adsorbent technology with innovative process and mechanical design.
UOP’s PSA process benefits include:
- 99.95% onstream reliability in supply of 99.999% purity hydrogen, providing enhanced performance and value for downstream units
- Higher reliability of operations can lead to: more uptime, higher hydrogen recovery per year and more stable downstream operations
- High hydrogen recovery through the use of proprietary UOP adsorbents
- Enhanced reliability in production of hydrogen due to control systems that automatically adjust to maintain production, even during upset conditions
- Lower capital cost due to adsorbent efficiency, process design, and control philosophy
- Minimal feed pretreatment requirements
- Long adsorbent life (>30 years)
- Units designed to make them easy to revamp and stay current as technology improvements are made available over time.
Polybed PSA System for Gas Extraction-Purification
UOP PSA Systems – China Installation brochure (English)
Polybed PSA systems are offered as skid mounted, modular units, complete with hardware, adsorbents, and controls systems. We do the detailed design and project management, with fabrication completed by rigorously qualified sub-vendors under our supervision.
Let UOP manage your installation:
- Superior knowledge of upstream and downstream hydrogen requirements and implications – we can help design the most economical unit in the most profitable application
- Valves, vessels, and other equipment selected specifically for PSA service